Austin Kleon gibt unter dem Titel „If you are having trouble reading…“ zehn Tipps, mehr zu Lesen:
1. Keep a book at the breakfast table and read it in the morning instead of looking at the news on your phone.
2. Be promiscuous. Read more than one book at a time until one pulls you into monogamy.
3. Quit more books than you finish. Read lots of short books until you work up the concentration for longer ones.
4. Read poetry! First thing in the morning! It’s perfect with a cup of coffee.
5. Read trash! No guilty pleasures!
6. Read old books! Read old favorites! (Every time you re-read a book you’re reading a new book.)
7. Read to your kids! If you don’t have kids, FaceTime someone else’s kids and read to them! (Optional: Steal books from your kids and read them.)
8. STOP READING BOOKS THAT AREN’T DOING IT FOR YOU. SERIOUSLY. STOP.
9. Try writing a book. It’ll make you want to quit and read instead. (“Read more than you write, live more than you read.”)
10. If you can’t read a book right now give yourself a break and just watch TV.